Monday, June 8, 2009

Retro Junkie I B

Back when I attended the University Of Manitoba, in my freshman year, I had taken a few intro to art courses. In one of the courses, I don't remember the assignment, but I felt compelled to dig into my cartoon roots and resurrect Fat Albert.
At the time, I was really into comic books and cartoons, but I had no painting skills and my perspective skills were lacking. But I managed to put together this piece.
I gave the piece to my little brother, so my niece can now enjoy it.
But lately, I have been painting over my old work, rather than painting any new and original works. At this point, I'll paint anything just to get the practice.
So her is a painted over Mush Mouth. I used Photoshop CS3 for this piece. I was using a different coloring technique using screen layers for the highlights.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment