Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Donatello 4 That Azz!!!

Still workin' on this Cintiq. Trying to experiment with new techniques and styles. I find I have been gravitating towards the o'l Comic style art lately. I found that inking with the Cintiq in Sketchbook Pro is pretty sweet. I figure I'll save millions of dollars on Bristol board, sketchbooks, pencils and ink in the long run. If I ever decide to go the,"All Digital" route. Looks like that is where I'm headed.

I finished this one this morning. Good o'l Donatello. This began as a little sketch I did while working at Convergys in Winnipeg. I scribbled it out and attempted to render it out, then some cock sucker supervisor decided to walk by and say," Hey! That doesn't look very productive. Should you be doing that?" Since I wasn't busy, I figured I'd draw, but I gave in and stopped, for a few seconds... I quit that job shortly after. It was pretty much a bullshit job, like all jobs that don't consist of you doing whatever you want to and getting paid for it. One day though! I just keep on truckin'!
Just Juiced up the saturation a bit on the skin to get rid of the dull feel on this one.


Now for the purpose of Blogographing, I will post my step by step process that was taken to achieve the final result. Just a basic comic book style with a painterly look. The comic style art is how I began and I seem to gravitate to it every now and then. So I guess I'm going to keep doing it until I get bored.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment