Sunday, March 21, 2010

Blastin' Zombie Butts... Part 2




Another drawing I did for the Zombie Killer plug. I've been trying to work the old comic style of drawing lately. Again, structure, proportions and background images are what I am trying to work on. Years ago, I used to think that,"Screw backgrounds and hair and feet! I can draw those things!" Yet I never really took the time to pay attention to them, so now I am paying for it. Although, I feel that if I can draw a pretty face and a well proportioned body, drawing perspective background images should be pretty easy. They have been so far.
With this picture, I started it out as a two inch thumbnail silhouette. I then scribbled out a basic image, much like the previous image. I have a bit of an eye for eliminating the lines that are not important. I scanned it and traced over the lines in Sketchbook pro, and traced over those again... a lot of tracing. Then the flats, and then the shadows and then the painting and then... etc.
I feel I need to post the process, because I don't do enough work that it is engraved into my brain yet. Like a drawographical log... maybe a Dlog?

Enjoy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment